My wonderful wife gave me the day. I got my son up in the morning when he started fussing, and I took care of him after his morning nap when my wife went to work for a meeting. Other than my daughter popping in my room from time to time and brief interactions with my son through the day, I was able to focus on getting some housework done. I reintegrated at the dinner/bath/bed routine and helped shepherd the kids through that. What did I do with this day?
- Install a toothbrush holder in the kids’ bathroom
- Attach a bookshelf in their room to the wall
- Fix my wife’s bureau
- Install a printer (but it didn’t work)
- Create labels for the flour, sugar, and other dry goods containers
- Clear space in my daughter’s playroom for her expanding stuff. This was a big task
- Move out old coffee table books that have just gathered dust and replaced them with weights for my exercising.
- Recycled old magazines
- Organized lots of little things
- Made a respectable dent in the piles on my desk
- Made a respectable dent the tasks waiting my attention in the digital world
I made a list of things I would like to accomplish today, and there are so many more things. Tomorrow I must pack for our trip on Thursday, but I might squeak a few more chores in before I leave.