Thursday was my second Thursday with the routine established. The day looked like this:
- Got up early with kids, around 6:30, after my son had been awake since 5:30.
- Got them changed/toileted, breakfasted, and ready to go. Even got a shower in, myself.
- Walked my daughter to school with my son in the stroller. Took about 40 minutes to walk. She started grumbling, but then we started talking about the day. She forgot she was walking.
- Took the T downtown with my son after dropping off my daughter. He walked and walked and walked.
- Went to the aquarium and watched turtles, fish, and penguins. Loved the jellyfish.
- Took the T back to pick up my daughter but got there too early. Headed to a park, and son took a short nap.
- Picked up daughter, hopped back on the T, headed home.
- Got a few last groceries on the way home.
- Put son to bed after a short lunch.
- Made apple pies, lentil dish that had everything from farm and garden in it, and started in on pickled beets.
- Ate dinner including sharing it with our downstairs neighbors.
- Bath and bed.
- After kids were in bed at 7:15, I headed downstairs to our neighbors and played games.
- After that I finished the beets and then washed mountains of dishes.
That was a full day, and it was great. This is why I am working part time at school. I am working full time at home on these days, and Thursday is the ideal. Throughout the afternoon, my daughter kept saying, “Daddy, I love you!” She had a good day, too.